Team Lineage OS released their first Nightly official Lineage OS 14.1 for Lenovo ZUK Z1. Lineage is now on the roll to deliver all the awaited device with the Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware via Lineage OS 14.1 ROM. In this guide we have mentioned the complete process to download and install official Lineage OS 14.1 on ZUK Z1. If you own a ZUK Z1 then it would be great to see the latest firmware on your device when the manufacturer has no plan to release stock Nougat for it.
Just follow the guide below to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat based Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on ZUK Z1. The process is very simple if you have a pre-install custom recovery on your device, we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. If you are new to process then we recommend you to pay attention on the whole process care-fully and follow the instructions as mentioned.
How to flash official Lineage OS 14.1 Nougat ROM on ZUK Z1
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for Lenovo on PC. Download here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
Connect your device to PC and transfer both file on your device storage.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM on ZUK Z1
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your ZUK Z1 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! We hope this guide helped you. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your ZUK Z1 and stay tuned for more updates.