In this tutorial you would be able to download and install official Lineage OS 14.1 on YU Yureka code name tomato. YU Yureka was released back in 2015 but still the device can run any latest firmware smoothly, thanks to it’s powerful hardware. Android 7.1.1 Nougat is currently the latest version of Android released by Google, most of the newer devices are already running it but the devices like YU Yureka will never taste the official Nougat update. So users have to rely on the AOSP ROMs, that is the only option to run the Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom firmware on your device.
YU Yureka is quite capable of running the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat easily because even average specs holder device from other OEMs are also running the same firmware with no issue at all. If you are interested in flashing Official Lineage OS 14.1 on your YU Yureka just grab the firmware and follow the guide to install it on your device.
The Lineage OS 14.1 installation process is quite easy infact you need to follow in sequence and pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your YU Yureka as well.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
You can also: Download the last CyanogenMod 14.1 builds
How to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on YU Yureka AO5510
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Install latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest YU Yureka USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for YU Yureka [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on YU Yureka AO5510
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your YU Yureka via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your YU Yureka AO5510 and share this guide.