In this guide you would be able to download and install, official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Moto X 2014 a.k.a Moto X 2ng gen. The ROM is released a few days and now Team Lineage has started releasing their official build gradually for multiple devices. If you own a Moto X 2014 and want to see the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware on your device then Lineage OS 14.1 is available for download in the link below along complete install instructions.
Moto X 2014 is the successor of Moto X 2013, the device has brought improved hardware along new design and updated firmware. Moto X 2014 is equipped with a quad-core processor with Andreno 330 GPU and 2 GB of RAM on board, the box opened device comes with pre-installed Android KitKat but later it is eligible for Android Marshmallow. Now you can update your device firmware to Android 7.1.1 Nougat by flashing this official Lineage OS 14.1 build on your device.
The Lineage OS 14.1 installation process is quite easy infact you need to follow in sequence and pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your Moto X 2014 as well.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
You can also: Download the last CyanogenMod 14.1 builds
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Moto X 2014
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- Your device bootloader should be unlocked. Follow this guide to unlock it
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Install latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Motorola USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Moto X 2014 [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Moto X 2014 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Moto X 2014 and share this guide.