This guide is about, how to download and install official Lineage OS 14.1 on YU Yunique code name ‘jalebi’. The official Lineage OS brings latest version of Android on your device, i,e Android 7.1.1 Nougat. The official Lineage OS 14.1 contains all the features and interface just like CyanogenMod 14.1 ROM but the great thing is about having your device updated on Android 7.1.1 Nougat that is never happened to be released by the manufacturer.
Yu Yunique is an older device released back in September 2015, the device carries mediocre specification enough for an average user. The device is infact a budget friendly phone released for the Indian market. It carries a 4.7 inches display with the resolution of 720 X 1280 pixels at 312 PPI, under the hood 1.2 GHz quad-core processor accompanied with 1GB RAM of RAM on board and running Android 5.1 Lollipop. In the optics level, it is equipped with an 8MP camera on rear and 2MP selfie shooter on front, the hardware is powered by 2000mAh battery.
If you are interested in flashing Official Lineage OS 14.1 on your YU Yunique just grab the firmware and follow the guide to install it on your device. The Lineage OS 14.1 installation process is quite easy infact you need to follow in sequence and pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your YU Yunique as well.
Note: If you are new to process then we recommend you to carefully follow the whole process in sequence.
You can also: Download the last CyanogenMod 14.1 builds
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on YU Yunique
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Install latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest YU Yunique USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for YU Yunique [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your YU Yunique via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your YU Yunique and share this guide.