Official Lineage OS 14.1 Nightly builds are now available for several Xiaomi devices. Xiaomi Mi Max code name ‘hydrogen’ is just another device after Xiaomi Mi 5 to receive the official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM by Team Lineage. If you were looking for it then you are at the right place, as usual we have been posting guide on official Lineage OS 14.1 build released for any device. The official Lineage OS 14.1 is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat so once you install the ROM on your device you would love the latest features of Android 7.1.1 Nougat on your Xiaomi Mi Max.
Xiaomi Mi Max is released in the mid 2016, the device carries a giant 6.44″ inches IPS display with the resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels at 342 ppi. Under the hood device is equipped with strengthened hardware great for running the latest version of Android smoothly. In the optics, the device is having a 16MP rear camera and on the front 5MP selfie shooter. The device quite heavy because of it’s size and bigger battery 4850 mAh installed in it to meet the requirement of huge display and hardware.
The process to flash official Lineage OS 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi Max is very easy all you need to do is just follow the below instructions as mentioned in the sequence. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. The process to install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on all devices is almost the same so we use the same process for Xiaomi Mi Max as well.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi Max
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Xiaomi USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Xiaomi Mi Max [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Xiaomi Mi Max via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
Enable Root Access for Apps.
That’s it! If you have successfully installed official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Xiaomi Mi Max, give us your feedback and stay tuned for more updates.