In this guide you’ll learn, how to download and install Official Lineage OS 14.1 Nightly for Verizon LG G3 vs985. Once you successfully install the Official Lineage OS 14.1 Nightly on your device, you will see the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware on your LG G3 along handful of new features. The update is stable and can be used as daily driver, there are two build one is Nightly and the other is experimental, so if you want a stable ROM on your device then we recommend you to install the official Lineage OS 14.1 Nightly.
LG G3 is quite powerful device regarding it’s hardware specifications but LG has no plan to released Android Nougat for it’s LG G3. So Team Lineage gave you a best chance to install the latest version of Android on your LG G3 via their official Lineage OS 14.1 Nightly. If you are interested in flashing the ROM on your device just follow the instructions below.
The process to flash official Lineage OS 14.1 on Verizon LG G3 vs985 is not very difficult task infact you need to pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. The process to install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on all devices is almost the same so we use the same process for Verizon LG G3 vs985 as well.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Verizon LG G3 vs985
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest LG USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Verizon LG G3 vs985 [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Verizon LG G3 vs985 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
Enable Root Access for Apps.
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Verizon LG G3 vs985 and stay tuned for more updates.