Download and install official Lineage OS 14.1 Nightly ROM on T-Mobile LG G2 D801. Long waited official Lineage OS 14.1 has been released for multiple devices both unlocked and carrier bonded. Today, the first official Lineage OS 14.1 build started rolling out for T-Mobile LG G2 D801. The unofficial builds were also released by third party developers but the official Nightlies are more stable then unofficial ones.
LG G2 is a 4 year old device but still it’s hardware is powerful enough to run the latest apps and features smoothly on it. The device carries quad core 2.25 GHz processor along 3GB of RAM on board and 16-32GB internal storage. LG has already left support for this device and it didn’t received further updates after Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Although when CyanogenMod was alive, LG G2 received Android Marshmallow firmware as well as CM14.1 Nightly but now the Lineage OS 14.1 is here for it.
The process to flash official Lineage OS 14.1 on LG G2 D801 is not very difficult task infact you need to pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. The process to install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on all devices is almost the same so we use the same process for LG G2 D801 as well.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on T-Mobile LG G2 D801
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest LG USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for LG G2 D801 [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your LG G2 D801 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
Enable Root Access for Apps.
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your T-Mobile LG G2 D801 and stay tuned for more updates.