OnePlus One official Lineage OS 14.1 nightly is now available to download. The official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, the latest version of Android. Lineage OS plans to release the official Lineage OS 14.1 for multiple supported devices and also released for some devices as well. In this guide you would be able to download and install Official Lineage OS 14.1 for OnePlus One, just carry on along with the guide and follow the detailed instructions.
OnePlus One is the first ever device released by Team OnePlus in 2014. The device carries a huge 5.5 inches HD IPS display resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels at 401 ppi, under the hood quad core processor clocked at 2.5GHz and 3GB of RAM on board. In optics 13MP rear and 5MP selfie shooter, the device is updated to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow but still no stock Nougat firmware would be released for it. So this is the only opportunity to flash the latest Nougat firmware on your device. We have already posted guides for other devices and now we’ll follow the same process in this guide too, because the process to flash custom ROMs is always the same.
Just follow the instructions below to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat based official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on OnePlus One. The process is very simple if you have a pre-install custom recovery on your device, we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. If you are new to process then we recommend you to pay attention on the whole process care-fully and follow the instructions as mentioned.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on OnePlus One
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest OnePlus USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for OnePlus One [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your OnePlus One via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
Enable Root Access for Apps.
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your OnePlus One and stay tuned for more updates.