Huawei Ascend Mate 2 is just another device after Honor 5X that received the official Lineage OS 14.1 Nightly update. Team Lineage OS is gradually rolling out their Nightly builds for numerous device, we are continuously publishing guides on each new build released for any device. In this guide we are discussing the process to download and install official Nightly Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Huawei Ascend Mate 2. Just grab the firmware from the link below and install in on your Ascend Mate 2 by following the instructions below.
Ascend Mate 2 is released by the Chinese manufacturer Huawei in January 2014, the device got powerful hardware with giant 6.1″ inches display. The Ascend Mate 2 users are not getting the official Nougat update from it’s manufacturer so it’s the best way to get the latest version of Android on your device. The Lineage OS 14.1 will give you all the latest features of Android 7.1.1 Nougat along redesigned interface and much more customizable user-interface. If you were waiting for official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for your device then you are here at the right place.
The process to flash official Lineage OS 14.1 on Ascend Mate 2 is not a very difficult task infact you need to pay attentions on the instructions below. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP recovery installed on your device already then all you need to do is just flash the ROM zip from recovery along latest Lineage OS gapps and that’s it. For your ease we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. The process to install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on all devices is almost the same so we use the same process for Ascend Mate 2 as well.
Process to install official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Ascend Mate 2
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Huawei USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
Visit the links below and pick up the latest build of Lineage OS 14.1.
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM zip for Ascend Mate 2
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t know how to reboot into recovery mode and flash Lineage OS ROM, simply follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Ascend Mate 2 via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
That’s it! If you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Ascend Mate 2 and stay tuned for more updates.