Finally Lineage.org has given Nexus 5X it’s official Lineage OS 14.1 Nightly update. If you were waiting for the official Lineage OS 14.1 build for your device then you are at the right place in this guide you would be able to download and install Android 7.1.1 Nougat based Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Nexus 5X. Till now we have been kept posting unofficial Lineage OS build for several devices but now the official Lineage OS arrived. The official update is not much different then CyanogenMod but it is much more stable then before.
Google has already rolled out Android 7.1.1 Nougat for it’s Nexus 5X but as you know custom ROMs have more customizable stuff then stock firmware. Team Lineage OS has put inside some more tweaking stuff that you would love to see on your device. Lineage OS replaces CyanogenMod, today they have started rolling out their official build and Nexus 5X is also among those lucky devices.
Just follow the guide below to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat based Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Nexus 5X. The process is very simple if you have a pre-install custom recovery on your device, we also mentioned the guide to install TWRP recovery on your device as well. If you are new to process then we recommend you to pay attention on the whole process care-fully and follow the instructions as mentioned.
Process to flash Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Nexus 5X
Some pre-requisites before you begin:
- Your device battery should be in good health (70%) to avoid the shutting down while in flashing process.
- Bootloader on your Nexus device should be unlocked or follow this guide to unlock it
- A TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t, follow this guide to install it.
- Create a Nandroid back up of important data including complete System with all apps and messages, follow this guide to create a Nandroid backup via TWRP recovery.
- Upgrade latest USB drivers for your device on PC. Download latest Nexus 5X USB drivers here [For a stable PC-phone connection].
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Nexus 5X [Pick up the latest build]
- Download Lineage OS 14.1/Android 7.1.x Google Apps
- Now transfer both file on your device storage.
- Turn off your device and reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Once your device boots into recovery mode then follow this guide to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Nexus 5X via TWRP recovery.
Solution to a failed boot issue.
Follow this guide to solve the bootloop issue. [If you think your device stuck at boot animation for quite a long time]
Enable Root Access for Apps.
That’s it! We hope this guide helped you. Give us your feedback about Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on your Nexus 5X and stay tuned for more updates.