In this detailed tutorial you would be able to download and install MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM on Mi Note.
Xiaomi has started rolling out it MIUI 8.2 update for Xiaomi Mi Note, the update is packed with multiple new features, improvements and bug fixes. So if you are the proud owner of Xiaomi Mi Note then you are going to greet the MIUI 8.2 OTA notification on your device any time soon.
Users have reported about receiving the MIUI 8.2 OTA update notifications on their Xiaomi Mi Note devices and most of them have already updated their devices on latest firmware. Just go to device Settings > About device > Software updates, if your device is eligible for the update it will show a new software update is available.
If you are unable to receive the OTA firmware don’t worry we have mentioned the link to install the firmware manually using OTA/Fastboot ROM file via Mi flash tool. The MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM for Xiaomi Mi Note brings many new features inside, we have posted the official change log below.
MIUI 8.2 Full Change Log: [source miui blog]
Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
- New – Swipe to delete Lockscreen notifications (11-18)
- New – UI adjustments for toggles(12-15)
- New – Battery saver toggle can be added to the Notification shade (12-15)
- Optimization – Lock screen PINlayout (11-15)
- Optimization – Changed icons forUSB charging and switching keyboards (12-01)
- Optimization – Floating notifications won’t appear in DND mode (12-13)
- Fix – Notification shade issues during incoming call floating notifications (10-25)
- Fix – Wi-Fi page made the device freeze when it was opened for the first time (11-07)
- Fix – Notification shade issues(11-15)
- Fix – Issues with opacity after using third party themes (11-15)
- Fix – The first notification couldn’t be removed by a swipe (11-29)
- Fix – Landscape mode issues with third party themes (12-06)
- New – Home screen settings added to the Settings (11-22)
- Fix – Part of UI for deleting apps wasn’t visible on light backgrounds (10-11)
- Fix – Minor adjustments for animations in the Launcher (11-14)
- New – Antivirus scans for the apps installed not from Google Play (11-02)
How to install MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM on Xiaomi Mi Note
Before you begin:
Install latest USB drivers for Xiaomi on PC. Download here
Charge your battery to a safe level, to avoid shut down during the process. (60% minimum)
Backup your important data before the process.
Download MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM for Xiaomi Mi Note [Recovery flashable]
Download MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM for Xiaomi Mi Note [Fastboot file]
Once you are done with the downloads section, now follow this guide to install MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM on Xiaomi Mi Note.
That’s it! Give us your feedback and feel free to ask any query.
Source: MIUI Blog